Your website’s design is the most prominent first impression to your customers. And it needs to look amazing. Adding modern plugins and animations to your site is one of the best ways to capture their attention, give your website a facelift, and really enhance the user experience. Some plugins are better than others, and the following animations and effects are well worth thinking about when you’re ready to spice up your website.
1. Drop-down arrows
3 reasons why it’s awesome: Modern, Captivating, High-design.
- The modern design helps visitors immediately connect with your website.
- The captivating animation allows for visitors to remain on the site, maximizing conversion potential.
- This is a high-concept design that provides a great effect for any website, and simplifies user interaction.
Reasoning: Sometimes an idea or feature is just too large to fit into a single image. Drop down arrows make it obvious that your visitors can scroll down to get more information, and it looks amazing when doing so.
Link to code: codepen.io
2. Drop-down accordion:
3 reasons why it’s awesome: Intelligent use of space, hierarchy, inspired by Google’s “Material Design”.
- Inspired by the “Material Design” popularized by Google, it provides a simple solution to the problem of highlighting additional features.
- Space always matters online, and this design makes the most intelligent use of space possible.
- Your page has a direct, clear hierarchy in place. This feature makes it easy to stick to that hierarchy.
Reasoning: Your website needs to make the most of its available space in order to present the right information without overshadowing other facts. Apps have changed the way that people shop and browse online, and this feature allows visitors to browse in an app-like fashion without compromising space.
Link to plugin: Paper Collapse
3. Full screen mobile menu
3 reasons why it’s awesome: Cutting edge, mobile-friendly, contemporary design.
- This design is on the cutting edge of modern style, and provides a feeling that consumers have found a company that is leading in innovation.
- It’s completely mobile-friendly for browsing on mobile devices.
- The contemporary design looks sleek and fits virtually any kind of business website.
Reasoning: This is an easy to use plugin that fits into most websites and provides full screen mobile menus with ease. This allows for easier navigation and a cutting edge feel that helps build brand identity when you want to stand out as being an innovator and leader in your fields.
Link to plugin: Jumbo menu
4. Animate.css + JS Wow = Boss Animations when they enter the viewport.
Check out: Studio Issa
3 reasons why it’s awesome: Modern, cinematic, clean.
- This plugin gets your visitor’s attention by using animations that look modern and sophisticated.
- The cinematic nature of the plugin allows you to capture the minds of visitors.
- Despite the unique style, it’s still a clean looking plugin that is easy to understand and use.
Reasoning: Want to really make your information pop when it enters the field of view? This plugin allows you to introduce animations and information in a stylish, cinematic way that is sure to get the attention of any online browser.
Link to plugin: Wow.js
5. TwentyTwenty (Swipe or Pull Arrow Button from Left to Right)
3 reasons why it’s awesome: Side-by-side, before-and-after, improvement showcase.
- The perfect plugin when you want to show off before and after photos
- It allows a great side by side, instant comparison
- Perfect for showcasing improvements to various structures or items
Reasoning: Before and after photos are a great way to showcase what you offer. Whether it’s photo retouching, video editing, home remodeling, or something else entirely, the TwentyTwenty plugin lets visitors take their own look at what you do and how it will change their life.
Link to plugin: TwentyTwenty
6. MMenu (Click the Menu Bar on Top left)
3 reasons why it’s awesome: App-like, clean, minimal.
- Clean and simple to use, it still delivers the information you need to convey in menus
- The app-liked design makes it easy to see animations and menus even on the smallest screens
- A minimal design that still provides maximum content.
Reasoning: Menus with a large number of items can run into clutter issues. This plugin makes it simpler to clearly, easily display information with slick animations that look great even on small mobile device screens.
Link to plugin: MMenu
7. Ayan (Scroll and Hover Over Links)
3 reasons why it’s awesome: Modern, gorgeous, high-end.
- Few plugins can provide the kind of gorgeous style that Avan delivers.
- Modern sophistication that is still clean and easy to use.
- High-end results for companies that need the best navigation for visitors.
Reasoning: When you have a large amount of info and numerous menus you need to provide, this one does so in a clear, modern style. It also features excellent hover-over animations that will convey even more info without asking visitors to do anything distracting.
Link to plugin: Ayan
8. Flow Flow Social Stream Plugin
3 reasons why it’s awesome: Effortless User Generated Content, viral marketing, smart marketing.
- This plugin allows you to blend social media directly into your website.
- Encourage social media posts from your customers by featuring those posts (with your hashtag) on your website
- Smart marketing efforts can include contests and give-aways: why not give something great to the best social media posts featuring people enjoying your product. This plugin is a great way to showcase that user-generated content and encourage your brands hashtag.
Reasoning: It’s no secret that social media marketing is among the most important options out there for maximizing your marketing results. This plugin allows you to add a moderated social media wall right onto your website and showcase and encourage the buzz around your product or service.
Link to plugin: Flow Flow Social Stream Plugin
9. Strip by Nick Stackenburg (Click Image)
This is one of our favorites on the list.
3 reasons why it’s awesome: Modern, Fancy, White Space.
- The modern style of this lightbox effect stands out and gives your media a large, full screen presence on the website in a different way
- It delivers a fancy, unique effect that stands out from other sites.
- Want to show off your images and video? Strip is sure to get you images and videos attention
Link to plugin: Strip
10. FlexTabs (Click Menu Bar on Top Right Screen)
3 reasons why it’s awesome: Efficient use of space, responsive, modern.
- Space matters, and Flextabs let you make the most of your limited space
- The tabs are each highly responsive, allowing visitors to interact with them with ease
- The plugin brings a sleek, modern look to any site and is a great facelift.
Reasoning: If you have a lot of content it can be difficult to fit it all onto the main page of your site. This plugin makes it easier to fit the information onto the page and showcase everything you need to without clutter.
Link to plugin: FlexTabs